Date(s) - Thu, Oct 12, 2017
8:00 am - 4:00 pm
130 Sioux Road
Sherwood Park, Canada
Click to view on Google Maps
Aerial Work Platform and Industrial Fall Protection course is combined into 8 hours. THIS IS NON-OSSA.
This one-day combination course is designed for individuals who plan and supervise work at heights, or perform work at heights themselves. This course contains theoretical and practical components.
Attendees must bring wear closed toe shoe and/or steel toe boots during the practical portion.
Participants will learn:
- Legislative Standards
- Fall Hazards and Controls
- Administrative Controls (Fall Protection Planning and Rescue Planning)
- Engineering Controls (Fall Prevention & Containment Systems)
- Personal Protective Equipment (correct selection and use of PPE)
- Inspection and Maintenance of Fall Protection Systems and Components
- Donning & use of Fall Arrest Components.
- The physiological effects of being suspended in a fall arrest harness.
- Load Limitations and Calculations
- Machine Specific Features
- Personal Protective Equipment as it applies to Elevated Work Platforms
- Factors Affecting Stability
- Elevated Work Platform Types (operating & technical differences)
- Elevated Work Platform System Components
- Pre-use inspection
- Practical acitivities on Elevated Work Platform
At the end of this course participants will receive a Fall Protection ticket and an Elevated Work Platform ticket.
Register for this course
Bookings are closed for this event.