Aerial Work Platform and Industrial Fall Protection course is combined into 8 hours. THIS IS NON-ESC.
This one-day combination course is designed for individuals who plan and supervise work at heights, or perform work at heights themselves. This course contains theoretical and practical components.
Attendees must bring wear closed toe shoe and/or steel toe boots during the practical portion. All attendees must be experienced in both fall protection and elevated work platforms. This course is NOT designed for anyone who does not have experience using both components of the course.
Participants will learn:
- Legislative Standards
- Fall Hazards and Controls
- Administrative Controls (Fall Protection Planning and Rescue Planning)
- Engineering Controls (Fall Prevention & Containment Systems)
- Personal Protective Equipment (correct selection and use of PPE)
- Inspection and Maintenance of Fall Protection Systems and Components
- Donning & use of Fall Arrest Components.
- The physiological effects of being suspended in a fall arrest harness.
- Load Limitations and Calculations
- Machine Specific Features
- Personal Protective Equipment as it applies to Elevated Work Platforms
- Factors Affecting Stability
- Elevated Work Platform Types (operating & technical differences)
- Elevated Work Platform System Components
- Pre-use inspection
- Practical activities on Elevated Work Platform
At the end of this course participants will receive a Fall Protection ticket and an Elevated Work Platform ticket.