- Stand-alone course – 4 hours
- Designed to build participant confidence in performing cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) skills and provide the important steps to perform a rapid assessment, perform Basic Life Support (BLS) skills, and perform rapid defibrillation. Airway Management and Oxygen Therapy can also be added as additional certifications to this course.
In-facility care providers, including nursing staff, care aides, medical and dental professionals. Pre-hospital care providers, which may include professionals in a fire service, rescue team, sports-medicine, lifeguards and ski patrol.
- Successfully demonstrate all course skill competencies
- Minimum 75% mark for written, closed book, knowledge evaluation
- Attend and participate in 100% of the course
1-year certification in Basic Life Support (digital certificate issued upon successful completion)
- Glove removal
- Primary Assessment
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR)
- Airway Obstruction
- Assisted Ventilation
- Basic Life Support special considerations
- Canadian Red Cross Basic Life Support Field Guide