BLS Blended Provider
Time: 1-2 Hours Online, 2 hours Classroom
BLS Blended Provider is the fundamental course for all healthcare and emergency medical providers, delivered in a flexible format. The course covers the same curriculum and teaches the same skills as the traditional instructor-led course but is delivered online through self-paced learning modules. Then followed by an in-classroom training to offer a comprehensive experience. The course covers single- and multi-rescuer basic life support skills, focusing on high-quality CPR and team dynamics in a wide variety of prehospital and in-facility settings.
BLS is a prerequisite for advanced resuscitation courses and many healthcare-related training programs. A current completion card is often required for employment in the healthcare field.
The BLS Blended Provider course is designed for first-time BLS learners and those who do not use their BLS skills regularly. After successfully passing the online component (self-directed, but typically approx. 1 – 2 hours), students attend a 2-hour in-person skills practice and evaluation session. Students have access to the online learning environment for 1 year.
The Benefits of Blended Learning
- Convenient and flexible – learn most of the curriculum from anywhere, with less time spent in the classroom and less time away from work or home.
- Self-pacing – learn at your own pace. Start, stop and repeat any part of the program until you have mastered the core concepts.
- Achieve higher learning outcomes – come better prepared for in-person training having already mastered the theoretical concepts online.
- Adaptable – caters to a wide variety of different learning styles and ability levels.
- Ample practice – shifts the focus of in-classroom time from learning the content to getting answers questions, receiving coaching, working on team scenarios and honing your individual skills.
|The full BLS Blended Provider course duration depends on the pace of the online component:
Basic Life Support Provider Manual
*Access to the online course is provided by your instructor
Course Completion Card
Valid for: 1 year*