Need to provide internal staff with respirator fit testing? AT Safety Training has the training solution. Delivered by our Qualified Instructors, our Fit Testing course will teach you the fundamentals of respirators and how to properly fit test employees.
AT Safety’s course is built in modules to ensure employees actively learn, understand and know how to apply key industrial hygiene principles related to respirators, address and manage critical user factors, and teach fit testing protocols with practical hands-on time to hone required skills, all under the guidance of a Qualified Instructor.
Length: 4 Hour Course
This program prepares the participants to administer Qualitative Fit Tests. All students that pass will receive a wallet certificate following the course.
- Overview of the components of the Qualitative Fit Testing kit
- Introduction of differences with Quantitative Fit Testing – training for Quantitative is a different course
- Explanation on how to prepare equipment
- An understanding of the Fit Testing requirements to the CSA Z94.4
- Clarification of basic Fit Testing terminology
- Fit Testing procedures
- Demonstration of the steps to follow for qualitative fit testing
- Hands on practice of fit testing procedures one on one
Students will have a hands-on fit testing session to learn to properly fit test employees at their own workplace. Although different types of fit testing will be covered, attendees will only learn how to conduct qualitative fit tests.